Sunday, August 14, 2005

City to Surf

I did the city to surf today. I just managed to avoid doing a new personal worst time (although it was pretty close). I was reminded again what a great event it is. From the very beginning - getting on the train to town filled with people in their daggiest running gear (so they could throw away their warm clothes when they started running) to the cameraderie of waiting for half an hour at the start, to the echoing shouts of Aussie Aussie Aussi oi! oi! oi! going through the William St tunnel, the jazz bands in Dover Heights and then sitting on the sand at bondi in the blazing sun with a cool drink, it was a great day.

I'm sunburnt (in the middle of winter!) and I'll probably be struggling to walk tomorrow, but it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home