Monday, November 14, 2005

Confidence

I have a role which involves marketing professional services, by effortlessly networking with the senior people around town, which isn't necessarily my favourite thing to do in the world. Right now, for various reasons, I don't care as much as I usually do about being successful about it. And when I don't care, I'm not so worried about making a fool of myself in marketing situations as I usually am.

Which in turn, seems to result in my being much better at it! I had two marketing situations today, where instead of being overawed by the senior person I was dealing with (as I sometimes am), I chatted naturally about their business, and the things I knew about that they would be interested in.

If I only I could get that level of ease with my ability without having to decide first that I didn't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home