Saturday, March 04, 2006

Places I've been

Here's a map of all the places I've been in the world:



create your own visited countries map

I found it via a bunch of US bloggers who did the equivalent for the US states. The thing I found interesting when ticking the boxes is Asia. I had thought I had been lots of places in Asia (for work), but I realised as I was filling it in that I've really just touched the surface. Because I've done work relating to quite a lot more places than I've been (Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Philippines for example) I feel like I know the place. But I don't really. But funnily enough, the map looks like I'm an Asian old hand because on the strength of four or five visits to Hong Kong, totalling less than two weeks time there, I've been to the whole of China. The power of political change.

South America is the place that's missing I feel I'd like to go next. Every time I see it on the Amazing Race, they are in another really cool place that I had never heard of before. I do work with quite a few South Africans, and although they're happy they've moved here (crime mainly), their homesick story of the natural beauty of places like Capetown make me want to go there too.

2 Comments:

At 4:28 pm, Blogger Tjilpi said...

I see you've got Fiji ticked too. I did my own map and included places where I have only seen the airport eg UAE and Fiji.

 
At 8:29 pm, Blogger Jennifer said...

I have really been to Fiji, but I did forget Dubai (I've only been to the airport, and I didn't count my 2am stopover in Tahiti either).

I feel that having caught an overnight train journey in Russia gives me some claim to it (unlike HK and China), but you do get a pretty big slab by going there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home